Sunday, January 3, 2010

Baked Cheese... not grilled

I love grilled cheese sandwiches on a cold day. Dip it in some warm tomato soup and you've got coziness in a bowl. BUT, I hate making them. It's so time consuming making just one grilled cheese at a time in an itty-bitty skillet. OR, I have to whip out my ginormous breakfast grill. So, I improvised my frustration into a new concept. You may have already conjured up this idea. But, it's made my grilled-cheese craving moments much easier. You can make up to six sandwiches at one time! It's beautiful! And, in my opinion, I actually think it tastes better. So, let's get a cookin!

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter one side of each piece of bread.
3. Put the buttered side face down onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Slice your cheese and place the cheese onto the unbuttered side of the bread.
5. Put the other half of your sandwich on top of the cheese, the buttered side face up.
6. Sprinkle a SMALL amount of seasoning salt on top.
7. Put in the oven and bake for four minutes.
8. At four minutes, flip the sandwich so it's evenly crispy (my oven may differ from yours. Just make sure it's starting to brown ever so slightly before you flip it).
9. Bake another four minutes.
10. Ding ding ding! Time to eat! This is perfection dipped into hot tomato soup.


3 comments:

  1. Good idea! I bet the cheese really gets melted too. I hate it when I cook grilled cheese and the bread gets done before the cheese is all melted. Smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't I think of that?! Great idea, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally going to try this right now for lunch!

    ReplyDelete